Five Musts to Understand About Your Foodservice Equipment Manufacturer Warranty
Doing all you can to ensure you have smooth running foodservice equipment is paramount for your commercial kitchen operation. To ensure your investment is well managed and maintained, a vital partner in your operation is your authorized manufacturer warranty repair company. Following are some handy tips and advice to help you get the most not only from your warranty partner but also your equipment.
- All new equipment is sold with a warranty each having its own set of terms and conditions; ensure you review this at the time of purchase. Typically, the larger more expensive items such as combination ovens carry a longer warranty, some as long as three years.
- Having made your purchase, keep your proof of purchase in a safe place, also check that you have a copy of your unit’s serial number and that the number matches any paperwork you may have been given.
- It is important to understand the manufacturer’s installation requirements in regards to the user being in compliance of the warranty requirements. Some warranties are dependent on correct or authorized installation or authorized start-up and may require paperwork to be completed and submitted prior to the start of the warranty date. This ensures that your unit meets all installation parameters for optimal use. These parameters can include such things as ventilation, gas/water pressure, water quality/hardness and correct electrical connections.
- Warranties often cover all labor and parts required in a repair within the warranty period. However, travel charges and after-hours calls are typically not covered.
- It is also important to understand that a warranty can be denied in certain circumstances. These circumstances include but are not limited to incorrect installation, poor or lack of maintenance, abuse of the equipment and incorrect use. Be clear at the time of purchase as to what the warranty requirements are and what role you as the end user play in protecting your coverage.
Should the unfortunate happen and your equipment fails you have the option of calling the manufacture directly to request service or calling your local warranty agent. Most manufacturers have a warranty section within their website listing one or more local options. You can also check with your existing service provider should you have one.
At General Parts Group we work tirelessly to maintain our manufacturer relationships, which require attending training programs, stocking mandatory replacement parts within our national distribution system and having local, fast reaction ‘go-boxes’ within our services branches. In addition to manufacturer warranty work, we offer full installation and start-up services that are not complete until our office staff has finalized the authorization and submittal process on your behalf. We believe this level of support is required to ensure that our client partners reach their maximum return on investment and we are proud to offer warranty support as a key service of our business.
About General Parts Group
General Parts Group is a provider of Commercial Kitchen Equipment Repair Services. Founded in 1939, the company has grown to be a distributor of O.E.M. parts and provides service for over 60,000 customers and 400 manufacturers of commercial foodservice equipment. Corporate headquarters are located in Minneapolis, Minnesota and with major branch operations strategically located in Arizona(3), Colorado, Florida, Idaho(2), Illinois, Indiana(2), Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri(2), Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma(2), Oregon(2), Tennessee, Texas(2) and Wisconsin(2), we are ideally positioned to provide Quality Service for over one third of the United States. We are viewed as the market leader in most of the markets we serve and in terms of overall sales, General Parts Group ranks in the top five of independent service companies nationally.